Things I Don't Regret...

1. Deciding to go to Knox despite the debt I have for it and will have to deal with at a later date. As cliché as it sounds, I really have found parts of myself I didn't know existed, and I feel like a better person for it.
2. Changing my major to International Relations. Education is great and all, but IR gives mea different sort of thrill. I can't explain it, but I'm certain some of you will understand.
3. Buying my car. It has been a fine example of an automotive device.
4. Having met any one of my friends, no matter what our relationship is now. I have learned something about myself and people in general from every person in my life, and I am very grateful for that.
5. Using spell-check on that last one. I spelled it "greatful" at first, looked at it, spelled it correctly, but still had to spell-check it.
6. All of those extra-curriculars I did in high school. They really haven't had that much bearing on my success or failures of the present, but the early mornings and late nights were still totally worth it, as was getting sick after every play from sheer exhaustion.
7. Moving from Vegas to the Midwest. I realize that I didn’t really have any choice in the matter, but I wouldn’t change it even if I did. I would be a very different person if I hadn’t moved to Illinois, and I like the person I am, for the most part.
8. Liking the Spice Girls, N*Sync, Britney Spears, and the Backstreet Boys. I admit it, I was into them when they were popular. It’s okay though. I can admit that when I was a tween I liked the same things most tweens liked. Don’t judge me.
9. Taking German. I like it, plain and simple. And German Club is one of the best things about Knox.
10. Joining ATP. It is a constant challenge that I like. That doesn’t mean challenge in a bad way. It means that it is something I still consider very much outside of what I am used to, and I really like that.
11. Every book I have ever read. Every word in every book has contributed to me in some way. This goes for the books I hated as well.
12. Staying up to write this, even though I am exhausted. It has made me feel quite a bit better, just because getting things out in a more concrete form does that. I wish I knew more about the psychological reasoning behind that.
13. That phone call. It is one of the best decisions I have made in a long time.

13 that I can think of off the top of my head because that is my number. I wouldn’t change a single one of those things.

Well, maybe #8 could change and I wouldn’t mind so much. But that really isn’t that bad.
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment