Google Search: Why am I awake right now?

I googled, and Google responded with quotes from Peanuts. Anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for quotes. And peanuts. And Peanuts. 


Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you. -Charlie Brown to Snoopy



Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.-Also from Peanuts


Non-Peanuts quotes centered around friendship that came up after wandering around the quote site thinkexist.com:

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.- Gloria Naylor

Not only is your story worth telling, but it can be told in words so painstakingly eloquent that it becomes a song.-Gloria Naylor

But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.-Oscar Wilde


And my personal favorite, one that reminds me of my sorority ATP from back in the old days before we were Alpha Sigma Alpha: Do not walk in front of me; I may not follow. Do not walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend.-Albert Campus

No comments:

Post a Comment