I have learned so much over the past month...

That I haven't been blogging about all of the things I have learned for fear of not being able to go through them all and choose only 7 a week.*

*The above statement is false. I have been learning things, as one learns things all of the time. I have simply been too busy lazy to actually keep track of them like I should in order to maintain this blog.

Instead of keeping track of learn-y things, I have been a busy bee in terms of:
1. Reading awesome books. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. I highly recommend both for very different reasons. The first is a gothic thriller set in Barcelona. The second is a memoir about a woman's year in a federal prison camp. Go buy them, download them, or check them out from the library. They are wonderful.
2. Traveling to El Paso to meet members of the boyfriend's family and see where he grew up. I went sand sledding. It was wonderful. I think that was the first week my hands have been warm since November.
3. Toying with the idea of making a cooking blog to keep track of the adventures in the kitchen. This is mostly in response to my new rule of trying out at least 1 new recipe and/or perfecting one recent attempt at a new recipe a week.
4. Cleaning in preparation for the arrivals of several house guests. My most recent college roommate visited this past weekend, the roommate from before her and her boyfriend will visit this weekend, and my parents (dramatic music) will visit the weekend of Easter. Fun times have been and will continue to be had.
5. Trying to plan Easter. I have never done a family holiday before. I might hide under a blanket until it is over.
6. Getting pinned by the boy. Ain't he sweet?

Anyway, there are the excuses. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment