The songmaker says, "It ain't so bad."

German has rules. There are exceptions to these rules. There are irregularities you just have to remember. The time always comes before you say what you actually did/are going to do. There really is not way to tell the gender of a masculine or neuter noun if it is in the dativ. The list goes on and on, and I have only studied for 14 weeks.
I just read that last bit aloud to my roommate. Then I added onto the end of it "I would kind of like to say something profound after that, but I have nothing profound to say." I said this in the same tone and rate of speaking as I had said what I read aloud. I didn't switch from my reading aloud voice. She knew I had stopped reading, because I had looked up at her. But my voice didn't tell her anything.
I have lots of different voices. I have my serious voice, my lying voice, my reading voice. I have a different voice for when I am trying to annoy someone. I have a specific voice for when I try to annoy Dan. I have a voice for when I am teaching or explaining something. I have a voice specifically for the affection I have for Abby, and another for Dezi.
Not that I think this is profound in anyway, I just think it is an interesting thing for me to realize about myself. Now I need to study for the two midterms I have tomorrow.
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment