7 Things I learned this week #16

1. When sending resumes and cover letters via e-mail it is best to send them both as an attachment with a short and sweet message in the e-mail itself.  (applying for jobs is hard)
2. I can make up my own recipes rather than just using someone else's. I made tequila-jalapeno baked tilapia for fish tacos. It turned out pretty well. I am a culinary genius.
3. Google Chrome's spell check doesn't recognize tilapia as being properly spelled. I actually second-guessed myself and googled it to make sure it was correct (it is.)
4. Before a new doge of Venice could be selected he had to be presented to the public accompanying the phrase "This is your doge, if it pleases you" despite the fact that the new doge was selected by an exclusive group mostly comprised of noble families. The things you learn from Assassin's Creed 2.
5. Snapple Fact #21: Almonds are part of the peach family.
6. Cardigan Welsh Corgis have tales, whereas Pembroke Welsh Corgis do not. 
7. Stanford had a list of classes recommended for athletes to "accommodate their demanding schedules." Translation: they actually distributed a list of easy classes to boost athletes' GPAs. Respect points lost: 50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment