Things I Learned This Week #15

1. Speed bumps are also referred to as "sleeping policemen." I found this while trying to figure out what you call the little circular or rectangular reflector things they put on the roads in Las Vegas (I'm sure they use them elsewhere, but Vegas is just where I remember from when I was a child) that were kind of bumpy, but never figured out what those are actually called. I shall continue to call them do-hickeys. If you know what they are called, please tell me.

2. Heart disease is the number one killer of American women. (Related: February was heart disease awareness month)
3. One is a cannolo, more than one are cannoli.(In case you don't know what I am talking about, go here.)
4. Bald Eagles go "bald" at age five when they reach maturity.
5. Snapple Fact #173: Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. And they are so worried about learning English.
6. The Illusionist is the best cartoon movie I have seen in a very long time. I think it should have beaten Toy Story 3 for that Oscar. 
7. The Peace Corps is 50 years old this month. I wonder if it will go out and buy a red sports car to cruise around the world in.

No comments:

Post a Comment